Birchip in the Buloke Shire, is the perfect place to stop for lunch if you are travelling on the Sunraysia Highway. Birchip has a family- friendly park in the centre of town near local eating houses and the famous Mallee Bull.
It is a small rural town in the Buloke Shire with a strong sense of community. The town is home to the internationally-recognised Birchip Cropping Group, a farmer-driven agricultural organisation conducting applied research and extension.
Events in Birchip include:
- Friends of the Library Art Show
- Mallee Root Roundup (Bachelors and Spinsters Ball) – October
- Quarter Horse Races – March
- Flower Show
- Easter Hang Gliding Competition
- Birchip Cropping Group Expo (July)
- Rampage (Youth Group FreeZa)
- New Year’s Eve Party at Tchum Lake
Visit their website www.birchip.vic.au